Safety-Kleen Systems Inc.
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Paul Gotthold
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3410
- The Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. facility received a Final Decision for No Further Action (NFA) from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on November 19, 2008. The decision to issue an NFA at the Facility was due to an Environmental Indicator Inspection Report, dated July 2008, which revealed that there are no known or suspected human health exposures or groundwater issues, therefore, there is no threat to human health or the environment.
- The Environmental Indicators (EIs) were completed on October 1, 2008. The two EIs are called "Current Human Exposures Under Control" and "Migration of Contaminated Groundwater Under Control." The EIs completed reflect the decision of No Further Action and have status codes of "Yes, Under Control" for both.
- The Facility is located at 600 Stewart Road in Wilkes-Barre, Hanover Township, Luzerne County, Pennsylvania. The Facility is bordered by industrial and commercial facilities on the north, east, and west. A large strip-mined area borders the southern boundary of the property. The Facility covers 2.0 acres. The Facility is located southwest of Wilkes-Barre and is part of the Hanover Industrial Estates, which is a mine reclamation and redevelopment site.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 5 pages, 70 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 6 pages, 62 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[PDF, 4 pages, 30 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Safety-Kleen Systems Inc. Wilkes-Barre PA|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Mr. Paul Gotthold (215) 814-3410.