PPL Martins Creek SES
(Formerly: PA Power & Light Co.)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Ms. Maureen Essenthier
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency - Region III
1650 Arch Street
Mail code: 3LC30
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3416
- EPA conducted a thorough site inspection of the Facility, and evaluated past environmental cleanup activities, current operating procedures, and environmental monitoring data. The evaluation included the sampling of well water from adjacent residential properties. Based on this evaluation, EPA believes that no further clean-up action is necessary at the Facility at this time
- The Facility is located along the Delaware River, off of Foul Rift Road in Martins Creek, Northampton County, PA. The site is a steam-powered electric generating station. It uses two coal-fired and two oil-fired boilers units to produce electricity. The Facility is located in a mixed agricultural/residential area. The Facility generates fly ash and bottom ash, and small quantities of hazardous waste. The ash is disposed of in on-site basins that operate under residual waste permits issued by the PA Department of Environmental Protection. The hazardous waste is disposed of at a permitted off-site facility. No contaminants above levels of concern exist at the Facility.
- No contaminants above levels of concern exist at the Facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 6 pages, 23 KB, About ]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 8 pages, 30 KB, About PDF]
- Documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|PPL Martins Creek SES|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact EPA Project Manager: Ms. Maureen Essenthier (215) 814-3416.