Blue Ridge Solvents and Coatings
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone : (215) 814-3444
- Cleanup Status:
Corrective Action Underway
- Human Exposure Control :
To be Determined
- Groundwater Control :
To Be Determined
- EPA met with the facility on August 16th 2007. USEPA Region III and VDEQ will decide if additional information or sampling at the facility is required to determine whether the environmental indicators have been met or if corrective action is required by the facility. The facility will determine if they would like to pursue RCRA Corrective Action utilizing the Facility Lead Program.
- In order to address the identified follow-up items, available data and reports are being reviewed by the EPA to determine the next steps in Corrective Action program and to make a determination with regard to Environmental Indicators.
- The site is situated in a rural town with a commercial grocery store across State Route 605 and residential houses/farms in the nearby vicinity. The site is located in both Henry and Franklin Counties, Virginia. Blue Ridge Solvents manufactures and delivers industrial chemicals, paints, lacquers, thinners and powder coatings. The facility also supplies water treatment chemicals to various states.
- USEPA Region III and VDEQ will decide if additional information or sampling at the facility is required to determine whether the environmental indicators have been met or if corrective action is required by the facility. The facility will determine if they would like to pursue RCRA Corrective Action utilizing the Facility Lead Program.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Factsheet[PDF, 13 KB, 1 page, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Blue Ridge Solvents and Coatings|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The site is under continued use and also has an unused parcel.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Mr. Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.