The Rochester Corporation
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
The Tyco Electronics, Inc. facility received a Final Decision for No Further Action (NFA) from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency on August 23, 2012. The decision to issue an NFA at the Facility was detailed in the Statement of Basis (SB), dated July 20, 2010, which revealed that there are no known or suspected human health exposures or groundwater issues, therefore, there is no threat to human health or the environment. The commencement of a thirty (30)-day public comment period was announced in the Culpeper Star Exponent on July 19th, 2012 and on the EPA Region III website. The public comment period ended on August 20, 2012. The Final Decision and Response to Comments became effective on August 23, 2012.
- Prior to ownership by Tyco Electronics, Rochester was owned by Tyco International from approximately 1996 until June 2007. The facility historically managed hazardous waste (hazardous waste code D039 - tetrachloroethylene (PCE))) as part of past parts cleaning processes. Safety-Kleen assigned this waste code based upon residuals that may be present from its off-site solvent recycling system. In the past, blocking compounds were lead-based and created a D008 (lead) hazardous waste. The facility no longer uses lead blocking compounds; epoxy-based blocking compounds are currently used. The facility was initially registered as a large quantity generator (LQG) of hazardous waste, effective August 19, 1980. The facility has operated as a small quantity generator (SQG) of hazardous waste for the past eight years.
- The facility historically managed hazardous waste (hazardous waste code D039 - tetrachloroethylene (PCE)) as part of past parts cleaning processes.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Corrective Action Final Decision & Response to Comments [PDF, 2 pages, 51 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis[PDF, 8 pages, 3357 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures[PDF, 10 pages, 74 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater [PDF, 9 pages, 54 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|The Rochester Corp|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Mr. Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.