Former Airco Welding Products
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
- The Former Airco Welding Products Facility was operational from 1976 through 1982-1983 as a manufacturer of gas welding products. Airco's operations included forging, machining, and drilling of copper material for the fabrication of gas welding and cutting torch heads.
- Airco Welding Products was purchased and moved operations to Portsmouth, Virginia in 1983; however they continued to lease the property for a period of 1 to 2 years after vacating the Facility. The property has subsequently been occupied by Standard Motor Parts (EIS Brake Parts) from 1995 until 1996, Camrett Logistics from 1996 until 2006, and Mid-Atlantic, Inc. from October 2006. Mid-Atlantic occupied the Facility as of February 2009. The property was sold to PAW Industrial Properties, LLC in 2003.
- A Final RCRA Site Visit Report was issued on February 18, 2009 for the Facility. A Statement of Basis (SOB) was noticed on June 17, 2009. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the Facility on July 28, 2009 stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls
- The Former Airco Welding Products Facility is located in a business park, surrounded by agricultural and residential properties. The 5-acre Facility consists of a warehouse, asphalt parking, gravel driveways and parking lots, a concrete-paved truck loading area, and undeveloped vegetated land.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8pages, 399 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 10pages, 468 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 7 pages, 112 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Airco Welding Products|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The facility is slated for reuse.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.