Controls Corporation of America (CONCOA)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
- The Controls Corporation of America (CONCOA) Facility manufactures, and assembles manufactured and purchased components for gas control products for resale to welding, laser cutting, and other industries.
- The Facility applied for an air permit in 1995 for the following emission sources: heating units, lacquer spraying, degreasing operations and an oil/water separator.
- The Facility uses on-site well water for manufacturing process water.
- A Final RCRA Site Visit Report was issued on December 24, 2008 for the Facility. A Statement of Basis (SOB) was noticed in The Virginian-Pilot on May 7, 2009. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the Facility on June 16, 2009 stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls.
- CONCOA operations are housed in a 120,000-square foot building on a 19-acre lot. Twelve acres of property are undeveloped. The Facility is bounded by Naval Air Station Oceana to the north, an apartment complex to the east, and relatively undeveloped land to the south and west.
- As of the December 2008 Final Site Visit Report, there is no history of spills of unpermitted releases to the environment from Facility Operations.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8 pages, 359 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 9 pages, 465 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Controls Corporation of America|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
Site is an unused parcel.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.