Former Adamson Development Corporation of America Site
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
Virginia Dept of Enviromental Quality
P.O. Box 1105
Richmond, VA 23218
- The Former Adamson Development Corporation of America Facility manufactured storage tanks (aboveground and below ground). In February 1994, Adamson filed for bankruptcy and subsequently ceased manufacturing operations at the site. The Development Corporation of America, who acquired the property as part of a sale/leaseback in February 1978, conducted investigation and remediation activities as a result of insufficient funds being available from Adamson bankruptcy proceedings to restore the site to compliance. A total of approximately 2,500 empty one-gallon and five-gallon paint containers as well as approximately 75 fifty-five gallon drums were excavated and removed from the site. Additionally forty, one cubic yard waste boxes were disposed of as hazardous waste. Clean Closure of soils and groundwater was verified by VDEQ in September 2001 and April 2004, respectively.
- A Final RCRA Site Visit Report was issued on January 30, 2009 for the Facility. A Statement of Basis (SOB) was noticed on July 8, 2009. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the Facility on August 12, 2009 stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls.
- The Former Adamson Development Corporation of America Facility was comprised of a single structure located on an 18-acre site. The site is located in a rural residential portion of Mecklenburg County.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 8pages, 421 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 10pages, 455 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective Action Statement of Basis [PDF, 6 pages, 106 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Adamson Dev Corp of America|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
The facility is unused.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the VA DEQ Project Manager : Jutta Schneider (804)-698-4099 or EPA Project Manager: Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.