Former Reynolds Aviation Division
(Currently: Dominion Resources Services, Inc.)
On This Page
EPA Project Manager
Mr. Luis Pizarro
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 3
1650 Arch Street MS 3LC20
Philadelphia, PA 19103-2029
Phone: (215) 814-3444
- Reynolds Aviation Division (Reynolds) was a former lessee of the property located at 5700 Clarkson Road in Richmond, VA 23250. Dominion Resources Services Inc. (Dominion) currently leases the 3-acre property from the Capitol Region Airport Commission (CRAC) to maintain and store jet aircraft. It is not clear when Reynolds began to lease the property, however Dominion's lease started in the fall of 2000. Alcoa purchased Reynolds Corporation in 2000.
- The aviation hanger is located on an area of land approximately 3 acres in size. The Facility was constructed between 1956 or 1957, and is approximately 20,000 square feet is size.
- A Final RCRA Site Visit Report was issued on March 18, 2008 for the Facility. A Statement of Basis (SOB) was noticed in The Voice on April 1, 2009. The EPA issued its Final Decision regarding the Facility on May 6, 2009 stating that Corrective Action was Complete without Controls.
- The aviation hanger is located on an area of land approximately 3 acres in size. The building construction was completed between 1956 and 1957. The hanger (including) office space total approximately 20,000 square feet.
- There are two aviation fuel Underground Storage Tanks (USTs) at the Facility. The closest surface water body is the White Oak Swamp Creek, approximately ¼ mile east of the Facility.
- Some of the site’s key documents of interest are accessible below:
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Human Exposures [PDF, 7 pages, 91 KB, About PDF]
- Environmental Indicator Determination - Groundwater Migration [PDF, 9 pages, 92 KB, About PDF]
- Corrective action Statement of Basis[PDF, 4 pages, 31 KB, About PDF]
- All documents and reports regarding this facility also can be reviewed in person at these locations:
U.S. EPA Region III
Land & Chemicals Division - RCRA
1650 Arch Street-11th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Call for an appointment.
- Submit a FOIA Request
Get instructions on how to submit a FOIA request. Additional fee for requests over 100 pages.
|Dominion Corp. Avaition|
Click on a thumbnail to enlarge the photo)
- The facility is under continued use.
- The EPA is dedicated to providing you with timely and accurate information about our work at this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the EPA Project Manager: Luis Pizarro (215) 814-3444.