RCRAInfo Hazardous Waste Database
Some files on this page are Adobe Acrobat PDF files. [More About PDF]
This site is a portal to hazardous waste data management resources and information located across the various EPA Web sites and sites outside EPA. This site provides information to state environmental agencies, waste management staff, and the regulated community. The site also provides access to hazardous waste information that is available to the general public. The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) regulates hazardous waste.
- EPA RCRA ID Number -- Apply
for an EPA RCRA identification number, and report waste generation
and management activity to state and federal agencies.
- Public Access Databases are
available that identify facilities, sites or places that must follow RCRA
- Biennial Reporting -- Facilities that generate, transport,
treat, store, and dispose of hazardous waste are required to report on
their waste generation, management, and minimization activities every
two years. Data about hazardous waste activities are reported to EPA for odd
number years (beginning with 1989).
- RCRAInfo Reports are accessible only to authorized RCRAInfo users. If you are not a RCRAInfo user, you may access reports about facilities by using either ECHO or Envirofacts. (See explanation about ECHO and Envirofacts under Public Access Databases.)
- RCRAInfo Data Tools facilitate the entry of accurate and complete data into RCRAInfo by EPA, state, and tribal RCRA data managers.
- Contact the Region 3 states or the EPA Region 3 if you have a question or a comment or you need information.