Regulatory Development and Retrospective Review Tracker
Dockets for public input on retrospective review
This site provides summaries of priority rulemakings and priority retrospective reviews of existing regulations. We update most of the site at the beginning of each month, though some data is updated more frequently if it is time sensitive. The information on this site is not intended to and does not commit EPA to specific conclusions or actions. For example, after further analysis, EPA may decide the effects of a rule would be different or it may decide to terminate a rulemaking.
EPA has completed a plan for periodic retrospective reviews of existing regulations, as called for by Executive Order (EO) 13563 (PDF) (3 pp, 141K). (Learn about the plan.) We intend to continue to assess our existing significant regulations in accordance with the requirements of the EO. We welcome public suggestions about appropriate reforms. If, at any time, members of the public identify possible reforms to modify, streamline, expand or repeal existing regulations, EPA intends to give those suggestions careful consideration. The General docket listed below is available for public comment.
The dockets below also make accessible the public comments collected during past comment periods. From 02/18/2011 through 04/04/2011, EPA collected public input on how to design a preliminary version of our plan via the 15 dockets listed below. The 15 dockets were geared toward different issues, impacts and program areas (e.g., air, waste, water), and we received hundreds of submissions. From 05/26/2011 through 06/27/2011, the General docket was once again open to collect additional comments once we had posted the preliminay plan on 05/26/2011. (The preliminary plan is available via Regulations.gov. Go to Document #EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0156-0119.)
All 15 dockets are listed below so you can easily view the comments submitted during our two public comment periods. Note: EPA dockets are maintained on the federal-government-wide Regulations.gov website. You will be directed to Regulations.gov when you click on the docket numbers below.
General docket - Use this docket to submit additional comments
Dockets pertaining to program areas - Now closed for comment
- Air (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0155)
- Pesticides (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0157)
- Toxic Substances (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0159)
- Waste (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0160)
- Water (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0154)
Dockets pertaining to particular issues or impacts
- Benefits and Costs (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0158)
- Compliance (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0166)
- Economic Conditions/ Market (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0167)
- Environmental Justice/ Children's Health/ Elderly (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0168)
- Integration and Innovation (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0161)
- Least Burden/ Flexible Approaches (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0165)
- Science/ Obsolete/ Technology Outdated (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0162)
- Small Business (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0164)
- State, Local, and Tribal Governments (EPA-HQ-OA-2011-0163)