Regulatory Development and Retrospective Review Tracker
Meetings on the periodic retrospective reviews plan
This site provides summaries of priority rulemakings and priority retrospective reviews of existing regulations. We update most of the site at the beginning of each month, though some data is updated more frequently if it is time sensitive. The information on this site is not intended to and does not commit EPA to specific conclusions or actions. For example, after further analysis, EPA may decide the effects of a rule would be different or it may decide to terminate a rulemaking.
As directed by Executive Order 13563 (3 pp, 56K, About PDF), EPA has developed a plan for periodically reviewing our existing regulations to determine whether any should be modified, streamlined, expanded or repealed. (Learn about the plan on the Reg DaRRT website.) As part of our efforts to design our plan, EPA held 20 public meetings and listening sessions. Some of these meetings were with targeted stakeholders rather than being open to the public-at-large; those meetings are not listed on this page. However, every public-at-large meeting is listed below. In addition to meetings and listening sessions, EPA accepted written public input during two comment periods, and we continue to accept your ideas. Read more about our dockets for public input.
General Listening Session
This day-long meeting covered the full range of topics related to the design of EPA's periodic retrospective review plan.
- What: Day-long meeting open to all members of the public.
- When: Monday, March 14, 2011
- Summary: EPA's Improving Environmental Rulemaking Public Meeting, March 14, 2011 (PDF) (65 pp, 693 KB, About PDF)
EPA hosted 2 meetings with our program offices in March 2011.
Office of Solid Waste and Emergency Response Video Town Hall
- What: Video Town Hall focused on solid waste and emergency response topics
- When: Thursday, March 17, 2011
Office of Water Webinar
- What: Webinar on EPA’s retrospective review plan and significant regulations for potential review
- When: Thursday, March 17, 2011, at 2:00 - 3:30 p.m. (Eastern)
EPA hosted a variety of meetings in our Regions in March 2011.
Region 1 Listening Session
- What: Listening session on improving regulations
- When: Monday, March 21, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. (Eastern)
Region 2 Listening Session
- What: Listening session on improving regulations.
- When: Friday, March 11, 2011, at 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. (Eastern)
Region 4 Listening Session
- What: Listening session focused on improving regulation and regulatory review.
- When: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, at 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 pm (Eastern)
Region 5 Listening Session
- What: Listening Session on improving EPA electronic reporting
- When: Thursday, March 24, 2011, at 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. (Central)
Region 6 Town Hall
- What: Town hall focused on improving regulations for monitoring and compliance.
- When: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, at 1:00 - 3:00 p.m. (Central)
Region 7 Listening Session
- What: Listening session to help EPA identify regulations that should be modified, streamlined, expanded, or repealed.
- When: Tuesday, March 15, 2011, at 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (Central)
Region 9 Listening Session(s)
- What: Webinar-based listening session(s) focused on improving EPA regulations.
- When: Wednesday, March 16, 2011. Up to four 1-hour sessions from 1:00 -5:00 p.m. (Pacific)
Region 10 Listening Session
- What: Webinar-based listening session on improving EPA regulations. We will help guide you through what to consider when providing input for improving regulations.
- When: Wednesday, March 16, 2011, at 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. (Pacific)