Enhanced Motor Vehicle Inspection and Maintenance (I/M) Program
Federal Register Dates:
October 24, 1997 Interim Final Rule 62 FR 55341
November 27, 1996 Proposed Conditional Interim Rule 61 FR 60242
EPA Approval Date:
EPA's interim approval of New York's Enhanced I/M program was effective on November 24, 1997
SIP revision dated March 27, 1996
New York City Metropolitan Area - counties of the Bronx, Kings, Nassau, New York, Queens, Richmond, Rockland, Suffolk (except Fisher's Island), and Westchester Counties.
This revision establishes and requires the implementation of an enhanced inspection and maintenance (I/M) program.
New or Revised Regulations Included As Part of the SIP:
- New York must submit quality control measures in accordance with the requirements set forth in 40 CFR part 51.359.
- New York must complete the development of the inspector training and certification program.
- New York must finalize plans for its data collection system.
- New York must complete the public information program,
including the repair station report card.
- New York must commit to perform on-road testing in accordance with the requirements set forth in section 51.371 of the federal I/M regulation.
- New York must complete the development of the quality assurance program.
EPA Region 2 Contact:
Kirk Wieber (212) 637-3381