Earth Day Nature Selfies Photo Project
Go outside and take a #NatureSelfie!
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and The Nature Conservancy are partnering together on a photo project this April. We are encouraging everyone to show your love for nature by taking your very own #NatureSelfie photo!
It is easy to do:
- Go out to a nearby park or garden and take a picture with your favorite tree, flower, or other blooming plant.
- If you took a picture with a plant last year, try to snap your photo with the same one this year.
- Upload your photo to the Earth Day NatureSelfie group .
- If you can include the location and any information about the plant in your photo caption, that would be great!
- Share it on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the #NatureSelfie.
The goal of this project is to get people outside on Earth Day and connect with nature and share your love for our great Earth! Year-to-year, changes in blooming patterns could be examined and may have a connection to climate change.
Related project links:
The Nature Conservancy
Our partner on the Earth Day Nature Selfies Photo Project.
EPA Leaf and Bloom Dates Indicator
This indicator examines the timing of leaf growth and flower blooms for selected plants in the United States.