International Visitors Program
International Affairs Coordinator
Public Affairs Office
New York, NY 10007
How to Arrange a Visit to Region 2 EPA Offices through the International Visitors Program
At least four weeks prior to the date of the visit, send a written request by fax, letter, or email to the International Affairs Contact. This request must include the following information:
- The proposed date and time of the visit
- The name, title, and organizational affiliation of each visitor
- A list of at least five specific questions which the visitor(s) or delegation would like to discuss with EPA staff
- Contact information (mailing address, phone number, fax number, and email address) for the visitor or the head of a delegation of multiple visitors.
The International Visitors Program cannot arrange additional appointments at EPA once visitors have arrived. Visits can only be arranged with four weeks advanced written notice. The program does not provide interpreting or translation services, schedule or coordinate interpreters, local transportation, or other support services. It is the responsibility of the visitors or of the sponsoring organization to make all necessary arrangements for these services.
- On February 16, 2009, a 15-person delegation composed of senior-level employees from water treatment facilities from Jiangsu province in China visited EPA Region 2 offices. EPA employees discussed the Safe Drinking Water Act and the challenges of protecting New York City’s watershed with the visitors. The delegation was particularly interested in the implementation of the regulations and the role of the states.
- On December 5, 2008, EPA representatives met with Mr.Takeyuki Kase, the Chief of Environmental Health, Waste Management and Recycling from the Japanese House of Representatives to discuss the asbestos monitoring and abatement work that has been ongoing at the World Trade Center Site since September 11, 2001.