Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Pollution Prevention and You
Tonawanda E3 Sustainability Initiative
Learn more about this coordinated federal, state and local voluntary technical assistance initiative that helps communities work in conjunction with their manufacturing base to adapt and thrive in a new business era focused on sustainability while using green technology.
Pollution Prevention Summary
EPA Region 2's Pollution Prevention and Climate Change Section (P2C2) promotes natural resource conservation and pollutant elimination/reduction through more efficient use of materials, energy, water and land. P2 efforts are integrated into a wide range of EPA Region 2 activities including partnership programs, compliance assistance, and enforcement activities. The Region also manages the P2 Grants program for Region 2 states and tribes.
These pages provide pollution prevention and climate change related announcements and activities that are occuring in Region 2 and information about the programs and initiatives that are being worked on by the staff of the Pollution Prevention and Climate Change Section.
- The 2015 Pollution Prevention grants Request for Proposals (RFP) is now available. Click here for the 2015 P2 RFP. The 2015 Source Reduction Assistance grants RFP is now available. Click here for the 2015 SRA RFP. To learn more about our grants programs, send e-mail to Alex Peck.
- Our P2-Toxics Mitigation Program has made available six new "Insights Bulletins." These sector-specific bulletins provide useful insights for businesses and include examples of success stories of businesses that have benefitted by incorporating pollution prevention changes in their business processes, operations and overall practices:
- Click here to see how we are using Pollution Prevention to help make a visible difference in communities.
- Clean and Efficient Energy
- Environmentally Preferable Purchases
- Green Chemistry and Green Engineering
- Green Marinas Initiative
- Greening the Hospitality Industry
- Making a Visible Difference in Communities with P2
- P2 Toxics Mitigation Program
- Pollution Prevention Grants
- Rebuild with ENERGY STAR & WaterSense
- Tonawanda E3 Sustainability Initiative
- Water Champions Program
- Water Conservation and Efficiency
Definition of Pollution Prevention and Source Reduction
Please see the definition of Pollution Prevention and Source Reduction (as defined by the Pollution Prevention Act of 1990) here.