Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
Understand the full range of environmental costs (e.g., energy costs, inefficient processes, capital and operating costs) of equipment that controls pollution, remediation efforts, salaries of environmental managers, public relations outlays, and other costs associated with the environment and how to incorporate these costs into decision-making.
Example Topics to Explore
- Tracking of environmental costs enables businesses to identify opportunities to reduce or eliminate various elements of these costs. Companies can improve their environmental performance, gain a competitive advantage, and achieve cost savings or increased revenues.
- EPA's Environmental Accounting Project
- EPA's An Introduction to Environmental Accounting As A Business Management Tool: Key Concepts And Terms (PDF) (26 pp, 206KB, About PDF)
- Going Green