Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Construction and Renovation: Indoor Air Quality (IAQ)
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
- Understand strategies to maximize quality of indoor air.
Example Topics to Explore
- Install permanent monitoring systems to ensure that ventilation systems maintain design minimum requirements.
- Provide outdoor air ventilation to improve indoor air quality.
- Develop and implement an IAQ management plan for the construction and preoccupancy phases of the building.
- Use environmentally-preferable varnishes, paints, and coatings.
- Install low-emitting materials (e.g., floor materials, composite wood).
- EPA's Indoor Air Quality
- LEED 2009 for New Construction and Major Renovations Project
- Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractor's National Association (SMACNA) Indoor Air Quality Guidelines for Occupied Buildings under Construction, 2007
- Going Green