Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Catering and Special Events Management
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
- Understand environmental impacts of special events (e.g., off-premise sporting events, catering).
Example Topics to Explore
- Set up recycling collection programs for special events.
- Effective planning to minimize food waste.
- Donation of leftover food to homeless shelters or soup kitchens.
- Sale/reuse of leftover food to local farmers for use as animal feed or for composting.