Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Construction and Renovation: Energy Efficiency
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
Understand strategies to reduce energy usage and increase energy efficiency.
Example Topics to Explore
- Verify that the project's energy-related systems are installed and calibrated to perform according to the owner's project requirements, basis of design, and construction documents.
- Establish a minimum level of energy efficiency for the proposed building and systems to reduce environmental and economic impacts associated with excessive energy use.
- Use local design features and materials which respond to local climatic conditions.
- Ensure proper refrigerant management when re-using existing HVAC systems.
- Investigate options for onsite generation of renewable energy.
- Investigate purchase of renewable energy.
- ENERGY STAR
- EPA's Green Power Partnership
- EPA's Combined Heat and Power Partnership
- LEED 2009 for New Construction and Major Renovations Project
- Going Green