Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Human Resources Management
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
- Understand importance of incorporating environmental responsibility into all job functions.
- Understand ways to create change toward sustainability in an organization.
Example Topics to Explore
Every employee can have potential impacts on the environment, and any employee can have good ideas about how to improve environmental management efforts.
- National Environmental Education Foundation's The Engaged Organization
- World Business Council for Sustainable Development's "Driving Success: Human resources and sustainable development"
- "HR's Role in Building a Sustainable Enterprise: Insights From Some of the World's Best Companies" Human Resource Planning 30.1
- businessballs.com;s Change Management
- Harvard University Extension School's Open Learning Initiative
- Our South West's Managing Change
- Ernst & Young's Global Hospitality Insights — Hospitality going green
- Deloitte Development LLC's The Staying Power of Sustainability
- Business for Social Responsibility (BSR)
- EPA's Environmental Stewardship
- EPA Region 10 Sustainability
- Footprint Network Overview
- Going Green