Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Construction and Renovation: Materials Management
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
- Understand strategies to maximize resource efficiency in materials usage.
Example Topics to Explore
- Provide an easily-accessible dedicated area or areas for the collection and storage of materials for recycling for the entire building.
- When renovating buildings, reuse existing building materials, where possible.
- Recycle and/or salvage nonhazardous construction and demolition debris.
- Consider the building materials with the following features: salvaged, refurbished or reused materials; recycled content; locally produced, rapidly renewable, certified wood.