Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
- Understand key concepts of "green meetings" and how to market these services to the federal government and other clients.
Example Topics to Explore
As more meeting hosts consider sustainability in their purchasing decisions, suppliers that offer environmentally responsible solutions have the competitive advantage. For example, EPA’s acquisition rules give preference to facilities which consume less energy, water, and other resources and manage their resources in environmentally positive ways.