Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
- Understand principles of environmentally preferable purchasing.
- Understand environmental impacts of electronics purchases, use, recycling, and disposal.
Example Topics to Explore
Consider products that are energy and/or water efficient, made from recycled content, non-toxic, durable, local, and with minimal packaging. The purchasing, use, and disposal of electronics, such as computers, printers, and mobile phones, especially have significant environmental impacts.
- EPA's Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- EPA's Comprehensive Procurement Guidelines
- EPA's Design for the Environment Safer Product Labeling
- ENERGY STAR Qualified Products
- WaterSense Product Search
- Marriott's Greening Our Supply Chain
- Going Green