Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Construction and Renovation: Water Efficiency
Core Competency Areas
- Lodging Facilities Management
- Restaurant Management
- Selection, Procurement, and Supply Management
- Catering and Special Events Management
- Food Service Operations
- Green Meetings
- Human Resources Management
- Managerial Accounting
- Public Relations and Marketing
- Laws and Regulations
Desired Core Competencies
- Understand strategies to reduce water usage and increase water efficiency.
Example Topics to Explore
- Specify water-efficient products (e.g., guest room toilets, showerheads, bathroom sink faucets, and public restroom toilets and urinals), labeled by EPA's WaterSense program.
- Utilize planning/design, auditing, and operation/maintenance service of WaterSense irrigation partners to maximize landscape water efficiency.
- Capture rainwater for reuse onsite.
- Treat and re-use wastewater onsite for toilets and other non-potable uses.
- Specify appropriate/native plant species for grounds.
- EPA's GreenScapes
- LEED 2009 for New Construction and Major Renovations Project
- Going Green