Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
- Activate energy management feature on computers.
- Put simple plug-in timers on office equipment.
- Purchase high-efficiency products such as computers or copiers.
- Reuse office supplies (e.g., paper clips, binder clips, folders).
- Provide reusable mugs for employees.
- Place a recycling bin in each office/front desk.
- Prevent paper waste and reuse paper:
- Set printers/photocopiers to print on both sides.
- Print drafts on paper used only on one side.
- Replace fax cover sheets with removable notes.
- Circulate a single copy of memos, documents, periodicals, and reports or make information available electronically rather than in hard copy form.
- Maintain central filing.
- Reuse inter-office envelopes.
- Convert scrap paper, outdated forms, and outdated letterhead into scratch pads
- Remove property name from direct mail lists
- Review, edit, and finalize reports and letters on computer screen before printing
- Reuse incoming packing materials for outgoing shipments.
- Purchase paper and office supplies with post-consumer recycled content.
- Employ paperless check-in and check-out for guests.
- Send toner and ink jet cartridges back for refilling.
- Adopt marketing strategies that do not require paper.