Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Find tips for hosts and planners at EPA's Green Meetings Web site.
- Turn off lights and heating or air-conditioning when meeting rooms are not in use.
- Use reusable, biobased, biodegradable products, including utensils, napkins, and tablecloths when food and beverages are served.
- Use bulk dispensers or reusable containers for beverages, food, and condiments.
- Eliminate stir sticks and cocktail napkins.
- Place notebooks in a central location for attendees to take as needed.
- Provide in-room recycling containers.
- Ask meeting host to have attendees select meals in advance.
- Donate surplus food.
- Post meeting room locations electronically.
- Reuse boxes and packing materials for outgoing shipments.