Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
Pool and Spas
- Lower pool temperature and check the water temperature regularly.
- Install a thermal pool and/or spa cover when facility is not in use.
- Close outdoor pools and spas in winter.
- Use timers on pool and spa heaters so that they turn off after hours.
- Set HVAC system to a lower temperature in pool area when not in use.
- Clean skimmer and pump strainers frequently.
- Reduce the recirculation pump time.
- Perform manufacturer's suggested preventive maintenance for equipment.
- Install a high-efficiency pool pump that is not oversized for its needs.
- Replace older, inefficient heating units and/or install a solar pool heating system.
- Lower water levels to reduce loss of water through splashing.
- Install an efficient water filter.
- Use reflective pool covers.
Indoor Air Quality
- Ensure lids are on chemical containers tightly.
- Isolate chemical storage away from pool.
- Replace chlorine with less harmful chemicals such as saline.