Serving New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Eight Tribal Nations.
- Purchase energy-efficient lighting systems, such as compact fluorescent bulbs and T-8 lamps and electronic ballasts.
- Use toilet paper, paper towels, and tissues with recycled content.
- Use refillable amenity dispensers for toiletries.
- Re-use toiletry bottles if seals are intact.
- Wait to replace toilet paper rolls and tissue boxes until they are almost completely used.
- Leave new rolls and tissue boxes in bathrooms for guests to replace.
- Donate leftover bottles, soaps, and unused portions of tissue boxes to charitable organizations or encourage staff to take home.
- Reduce size of individually packaged items, such as bar soap, to reduce the quantities left over.
- Recycle used soap.
- Fix leaking or dripping faucets or toilets.
- Check and replace leaking valves.
- Retrofit existing faucets with aerators or adjust flush valves or install dams on existing toilets.
- Install high-efficiency
products such as toilets, faucets, urinals, and showerheads.
Indoor Air Quality
- Provide ventilation for steam from showers.