Projects and Facility Updates
List of current Region 2 waste initiatives:
The EMPACT (Environmental Monitoring for Public Access and Community Tracking) program is a new approach to working with communities to make timely, accurate, and understandable environmental information available in the largest U.S. metropolitan areas.
- EMPACT (Environmental Monitoring for Public Access and Community Tracking) (General Information)
- Locate EMPACT Projects from EPA Region 2 States and Metropolitan Areas
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection EMPACT Project
Customer Service in Permitting Policy - Enhanced Stakeholder Communicationanl Issue/Complaint Procedures: EPA Region 2 is working to make information, services, and complaint systems. In particular, Region 2 recognizes that it is our responsibility and obligation to ensure that necessary information regarding permits issued by EPA is readily and easily accessible.
- Region 2 Customer Service in Permitting Policy - Enhanced Stakeholder Communicationand Issue/Complaint Procedures:
EPA's Project XL With Hadco Corporation - Testing regulatory and procedural alternatives that will help EPA make improvements in the current system of environmental protection: Through its XL Pilot Project, Hadco, a manufacturer of complex multilayer right printed circuits boards, seeks to remove its wastewater treatment sludge from regulation as hazardous waste F006 under Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) Subtitle C to facilitate copper reclamation.
- HADCO Corporation's Project XL Pilot (Region 2 Web Page)
- HADCO Corporation's Project XL Pilot (EPA Headquarters Web Page)
- Project XL
- Project XL Draft Final Project Agreement for HADCO Corporation Federal Register: January 23, 1997 (Volume 62, Number 15)
- Atlantic Fleet Weapons Training Facility (AFWTF) - Vieques Island, Pureto Rico
- Squibb Manufacturing Inc., Humacao, Puerto Rico - RCRA Incinerator Permit Application Update
Note: This page will be updated regularly, as new projects or updates become available.