EPA Regions 1 and 2 hosted the Northeast Forum on Climate-Waste Connections, a series of free web-based training sessions and discussions with experts and practitioners from the Northeast and beyond. The goal was to advance the discussion about materials management and the climate connection in practical ways that will help communities integrate waste reduction and recycling into climate plans. The goals of these training sessions were:
- Bring attention to the climate impacts from managing solid waste and recycling
- Identify issues that would benefit from regional and national collaboration
- Provide tools and assistance for incorporating materials management into climate action plans
The audio recording of these sessions are posted (as mp3 files) along with the powerpoint slides (as pdf files).
By bringing web-based training to your desktop and community, webinars increase the number of people who can participate in the program while minimizing the climate and environmental impacts associated with traditional conferences and trainings.
Make Materials Management Count: Tools & Techniques
June 24, 2009
June 24th Climate-Waste Presentation
- GHG Inventories: Understanding Role of Materials
- We Manage What We Measure: EPA’s Waste Reduction Model
- ICLEI Approach for Measuring Waste Management
- "Recycle or Die" Keene, New Hampshire
How to Participate in future Webinars:
You must register for each webinar separately. Registration is free. Please visit our webinars page to learn of upcoming events.
You will need to be able to view presentations via your computer and listen to the audio portion by telephone or through your PC speakers. Registered participants will be able to connect to the web link provided in the reminder e-mail that will be sent out in advance of the call date.