Elizabeth River Cleanups
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page.
See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
There are many cleanups being performed along the Elizabeth River. Some are private cleanups, some are conducted under the authority of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and some are conducted under Federal authority. Cleanups under Federal authority are typically performed under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA) or the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA). The current status of the various CERCLA and RCRA cleanups along the Elizabeth River can be found below.
RCRA Corrective Action Sites
- BAE Systems Norfolk Ship Repair (PDF) (2 pp, 30.8K)
- Chesapeake Products Inc. (PDF) (1 p, 15K)
- Former J.G. Wilson Corp. (PDF) (1 p, 15K)
- Royster Co. (PDF) (2 pp, 45.1K)
- Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. (PDF) (7 pp, 115K)