Elizabeth River Priority Project
|Elizabeth River Cleanups||Electronic Mailing List||EPA's Elizabeth River Team|
The Elizabeth River is one of the most severely impaired rivers in the Country. The goal of the EPA Elizabeth River Project Team is to reach across various EPA programs and statutory authorities to identify and secure the appropriate and necessary resources – and to bring those resources to bear with maximum efficiency – to aid in the revitalization of the Elizabeth River.
- Coordinate the various cleanups along the Elizabeth River to increase efficiencies and accelerate cleanups where possible.
- Investigate to determine if additional cleanups are necessary.
- Maximize “Green Redevelopment” through Brownfields and Reuse initiatives.
- Improve the general water quality in the Elizabeth River.
- Enhance communications and partnering.
Do you have an idea for a Supplemental Environmental Project (SEP) that would produce environmental or public health and safety benefits for the Elizabeth River? If so, please visit the Elizabeth River SEP Idea Bank page and submit your idea.