Policy and Scope
Multi-Site EMS Quick Finder
|Policy Facilities||Aspects Goals||Manual Management Review||Training Employee Information Contact Us|
Safety, Health and Environmental Policy For the Middle Atlantic RegionEffective Date: June 1, 2011
EPA’s Middle Atlantic Region is committed to managing its organization, facilities, and programs in a manner that protects public health, the environment and the safety of our employees. In support of this policy, we will:
- Ensure compliance by meeting or exceeding all Federal, State and local safety, health and environmental laws and regulations, including Executive Orders.
- Consider safety and health hazards and risks, and environmental impacts when making planning, purchasing and operating decisions.
- Strive to continuously improve the effectiveness of our saftey, health and environmental management programs.
- Educate our employees and others working in our facilities in the development, implementation, maintenance and improvement of our systems.
- Establish safety, health and environmental objectives and targets for performance, and conduct regular internal evaluations to track progress.
- Recognize and reward accomplishments and take corrective actions to address non-conformance or deficiencies.
- Seek to eliminate waste and pollution before it is produced and prevent accidents, illnesses and injuries with strategies for their elimination, reduction and/or prevention.
- Use all natural resources wisely and reduce energy consumption, water usage and waste produced at our facility. Re-use or recycle whenever possible and support pollution prevention by our contractors, suppliers and the general public.
- Work cooperatively with stakeholders to ensure effective controls in support of safety, health and environmental objectives.
- Communicate and reinforce this policy throughout our organization.
In addition to our annual review of the progress on saftety, health and environmental goals, we invite interested parties to provide us with input on this policy.
/s/ Steven Bradbury
Office of Pesticide Programs
/s/ James W. Newsom
Assistant Regional Administrator
For Policy and Management
The scope of the EPA Mid-Atlantic Environmental Management System encompasses our facilities*, activities, products and services.
* Mid-Atlantic EMS Facilities
- Annapolis Office
- Environmental Science Center
- Philadelphia Office (including nearby warehouses, boat storage and dive locker)
- Wheeling Office