Need Samples Analyzed?
- Sample Submission Procedures (PDF) (28 pp, 1MB, About PDF)
- Users' Guide for Acquiring Analytical Services (PDF) (21 pp, 295K, About PDF)
- Contract Laboratory Program Guidelines
- Analytical Request Form
- Analytical Request Form Instructions
The EPA Environmental Science Center, located at Fort Meade, Maryland, is a combination of office space, laboratory facilities, and a library used by both EPA Headquarters and EPA's Mid-Atlantic Regional Office personnel. The Center has been in operation since February 1999 and was dedicated on April 19, 1999. On a per square foot basis, the Center is the fourth largest EPA laboratory in the country. Nearly 200 people work there. Directions.
Housed at the facility are:
Mid-Atlantic Regional Operations
- Field Inspection Program - conducts a variety of field investigations including complex multi-media inspections at large regulated facilities; also provides technical support to EPA's Criminal Investigation Division
- Office of Analytical Services and Quality Assurance - regional lab support for air, water and waste programs
- Office of Policy and Management - provides facility services, such as computer services, landscaping, fleet management, etc. to employees of the Environmental Science Center
- Environmental Management System or EMS - is a framework that helps an organization achieve its environmental goals through consistent control of its operations.
- Office of Criminal Enforcement - uses stringent sanctions, including jail sentences, to promote deterrence and help ensure compliance in order to protect human health and the environment
of Pesticides Programs
- Analytical Chemistry Laboratory - technical support and chemical analyses of pesticides and related chemicals
- Microarray Research Laboratory - DNA microarray research to identify toxicogenomic effects of various disinfectants on bacterial cells
- Microbiology Laboratory - measurement and testing of antimicrobial products with public health claims, e.g. hospital disinfectants
Environmental Science Center Library - features a collection of reference materials with a focus on analytical chemistry pertaining to the environment