Safe Drinking Water Act Laboratory Flier
Office of Analytical Services & Quality
Environmental Science Center
701 Mapes Road
Fort Meade, MD 20755-5350
Joe Slayton (email@example.com)
Lead Certification Officer
Region 3 SDWA Certification Officers
Ron Altman (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Robin Costas (email@example.com)
Joe Dorsey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Jennifer Gundersen (email@example.com)
Annie Hilliard (firstname.lastname@example.org)
George Long (email@example.com)
Ed Messer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dave Russell (email@example.com)
Arnold Turner (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sue Warner (email@example.com)
Stevie Wilding (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Public water systems must demonstrate that their water meets health-based standards by periodically monitoring for the presence of specific contaminants. Approved analytical methods must be used when analyzing water samples to meet federal monitoring requirements or to demonstrate compliance with drinking water regulations.
EPA reviews and approves methods that can be used. Laboratories that analyze these compliance samples must be certified by EPA or the State. EPA carries out a program to ensure that laboratories are certified as qualified to conduct analyses on drinking water samples. The SDWA Lab Certification Program in Region 3 helps protect the health of the 25 million people in the region served by community water systems.
SDWA Lab Certification Team
- Jointly has over 150 years of inspection experience and have performed many hundreds of laboratory reviews.
- Conducts on-site assessments of Region 3 Principal State Labs (PSLs).
- Tracks Proficiency Testing Results for PSLs.
- Issues certificates to perform SDWA compliance analyses.
- Conducts on-site assessments of Region 3 State Laboratory Certification Programs (management system review).
- Observes State Certification Officers perform laboratory reviews.
- Prepares yearly status summary for the Region.
- Issues certificate.
- Provides training and technical assistance to PSLs and State Certification Programs for continuous improvement of operations.