Stormwater and Runoff Management
The Mid-Atlantic Region's Healthy Waters Initiative encourages stormwater best management practices in our developed/urban landscapes as a sound way to improve water quality and reduce our environmental footprint.
We invite you see what other cities have done to reduce stormwater runoff.
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page.
See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
Mid-Atlantic Case Studies
- Beltway Plaza Expansion Retrofit, Prince George County, MD - PDF [1p, 54k]
- Pembroke Woods Retrofit, Frederick County, MD - PDF [1p, 63k]
- Pennswood Village, Bucks County, PA - PDF [1p, 78k]
- Sweetwater Farm, Feasterville, PA - PDF [1p, 111k]
- Westport Brownfields Site, Baltimore, MD - PDF [1p, 70k]
Other U.S. Case Studies
- Alberici Corporate Headquarters, Overland, MO - PDF [1p, 42k]
- Big Creek Elementary School, Fulton County, GA - PDF [1p, 74k]
- Burnsville Stormwater Retrofit, Burnsville, MN - PDF [1p, 51k]
- Village of Cross Plains, Cross Plains, WI - PDF [1p, 95k]
- Jordan Cove, Long Island Sound, CT - PDF [1p, 51k]
- Kensington Estates, Pierce County, WA - PDF [1p, 28k]
- Oregon Museum of Science and Industry, Poerland, OR - PDF [1p, 88k]
- Street Edge Alternatives (SEA Streets) Project, Seattle, WA - PDF [1p, 58k]
For more information contact Patricia Gleason (firstname.lastname@example.org)