The EPA Southeastern Region's Office of Environmental Accountability (OEA) works to provide all necessary legal advice and support for the Region's operations, oversee the strategic planning and implementation of the Region's enforcement and compliance assurance program, and oversees federal facility activities.
To accomplish this mission, OEA staff perform a wide variety of functions:
- Promotion of timely and efficient compliance with federal environmental laws,
- Outreach and communications with stakeholders,
- Targeting and monitoring of our region's compliance assurance activities,
- Environmental review of major federal actions, and
- Facilitation of federal facility compliance assurance activities
OEA's organization includes