Electronic Data Submission
- Superfund Division Director's Memo (PDF) (2 pp, 130K, About PDF)
- SESD Field Branches Quality System and Technical Procedures These procedures supersede the "Environmental Investigations Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Assurance Manual" (EISOPQAM) and the "Ecological Assessment Standard Operating Procedures and Quality Assurance Manual" (EASOPQAM).
Electronic Data Deliverable (EDD) Information
This site provides guidance for submitting environmental data to the Region 4 database (Data Archival and ReTrieval - DART). This database is Region 4s main repository for storing Superfund data, which includes Locational, Geological, and analytical data from Superfund sites across the Region.
If you need assistance during the EDD submittal process, contact R4DARTCOORDINATOR@epa.gov
Step 1: Data Submittal Summary
The controlling document for this process is the Environmental Data Submission Guidance (SESDGUID-106-R0) (PDF) (17 pp, 70K, About PDF). This document outlines how to prepare and submit the Region 4 Data Summary EDD, and how to obtain your Project ID. See the Data Submittal Summary Template (.xls).
Step 2: Prepare Your EDD
Upon successfully completing Step 1 (Data Submittal Summary), you are now ready to prepare your EDDs. Data providers are required to submit their data in the format specified in the Region 4 EDD Reference Guide v1.1 (PDF), (72 pp, 689K, About PDF) which has detailed information.
Step 3: Validate Your EDD
After Step 2 is complete, your EDD is ready for data validation using the Equis Data Processor (EDP). EDP is a standalone application that allows data providers to check their EDD files prior to submission to ensure they are formatted as described in the Region 4 EDD Reference Guide. The Region 4 EDP Reference Manual v1.0 (PDF) (26 pp, 1.9MB, About PDF) contains the information needed to obtain, register, maintain and use EDP.
Step 4: Submit Your EDD
After Step 3 is complete and your EDD has no errors, you are ready to submit your EDD to Region 4. In order to submit an EDD, you must:
- Have a valid Project ID, Company Code, Activity Code
- Place your EDD in a compressed file format (.zip) data package using EDP
- Attach your EDD to an email request from Region 4