North Bronson Industrial Area Superfund Sites
Community Involvement Coordinator
Dave Novak (email@example.com)
312-886-7478 or 800-621-8431, ext. 67478
312-353-4367 or 800-621-8431, ext. 34367
(where to view written records)
Bronson Branch Library
207 N. Matteson St.
The Bronson Reel Co. began manufacturing fishing reels in 1928 at 505 N. Douglas St. in Bronson, MI. Employees made their own dyes, tools and fixtures in a machine shop. They also did their own plating and anodizing. In 1963, the company was purchased by Bronson Specialties. Production of fishing reels declined and was discontinued in 1968. Although plating operations stopped at that time, metal tooling and other manufacturing operations continued until the early 1990s. (more...)
- Former Bronson Reel Facility
- Former L.A. Darling Facility
- Former Scott Fetzer Facility
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- Cleanup Plan Proposed for Soil and Underground Water (PDF) (8pp, 541KB) July 2009
Former L.A. Darling Facility
- Cleanup Plan Proposed for Soil, Underground Water (PDF) (8pp, 111K) July 2008
Former Bronson Reel Facility
- Update on Bronson Sites Environmental Cleanup (PDF) (4pp, 525K) July 2007
- EPA Proposes No Further Cleanup for Contaminated Site in Bronson (PDF) (8pp, 414K) July 2006
- Final Revised Community Involvement Plan (PDF) (44pp, 642K) March 2007
- Record of Decision (PDF) (143pp, 8.6MB) September 2009
- EPA held a public meeting Thursday, August 7, 2008 to gather comments on its proposed cleanup plan (Cleanup Plan Proposed for Soil, Underground Water (PDF) (8pp, 111K) July 2008) for the former L.A. Darling facility in Bronson, Mich.