Evergreen Manor Ground Water Contamination
Community Involvement Coordinator
Janet Pope (firstname.lastname@example.org)
312-353-0628 or 800-621-8431, ext.30628
Remedial Project Manager
William Ryan (email@example.com)
312-353-4374 or 800-621-8431, ext. 34374
Illinois EPA Project Manager
Illinois EPA Rockford
Manager, Land Pollution Control Section
Winnebago County Health Department
Groundwater Protection Coordinator
Illinois Department of Public Health
North Park Water District
(where to view written records)
Roscoe Branch Library
5562 Clayton Circle
The Evergreen Manor Groundwater Contamination Site is approximately 1.5 miles northwest of Roscoe, Ill. The site was defined by the extent of groundwater contamination in the region. The investigations conducted at the site identified a plume of contaminated ground water extending from an area on Rockton Road just east of Highway 251, to Tresemer, Olde Fairm, Evergreen Manor, and the Hononegah Heights Subdivisions.
November 2013 Update
The remedy has achieved the degree of cleanup or protection specified in the Record of Decision for all pathways of exposure. All selected remedial and removal actions, remedial action objectives, and associated cleanup goals are consistent with agency policy and guidance. No further Superfund response is needed to protect human health and the environment.
You will need the free Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more.
- EPA Starts its Review of the Evergreen Manor Groundwater Contamination Superfund Site June 2008
- Public Meeting Planned for Update on Cleanup Process (PDF) (2pp, 257K) December 2004
- Record of Decision Evergreen Manor Groundwater Contamination, September 2003
- EPA Proposes Cleanup Plan for Ground-Water Contamination, July 2003 (PDF, 8pp, 888K)
- Indoor Air Sampling Results Available, February 2003 (PDF, 4pp, 157K)
- Evaluating the Vapor Intrusion into Indoor
November 2002 (PDF, 2pp 22K)
- Roscoe Q&A and Fact Sheet, October 21, 2002 (PDF, 6pp, 58K)
- Construction of Water Main Extension Project to Begin at the Evergreen Manor Groundwater Contamination Site, July 1999 (PDF, 6pp 159K)
- U.S. EPA Selects Water Option for the Evergreen Manor Groundwater Contamination Site, March 1999 (PDF, 4pp 126K)
- U.S. EPA Evaluates Removal Options for the Evergreen Manor Groundwater Contamination Site, November 1998 (PDF, 8pp 138K)
- A public meeting was held Tuesday, August 19, 2003.
- A public meeting was held Tuesday, February 18, 2003.