Hegeler Zinc Superfund Site Public Comment
EPA is interested in your comments on the proposed cleanup plan for the Hegeler Zinc Superfund site. Your thoughts and opinions help us to determine the final cleanup plan. Based on your comments and information provided to EPA, the Agency may revise the selected cleanup plan or pick another option.
- Public Meeting 6:30 p.m.,, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at David S. Palmer Arena, 100 W. Main St., Danville, Ill.
- EPA Proposes Cleanup Plan for Hegeler Residential Area (PDF) (6 pp, 561 K About PDF) July 2014
- Proposed Plan for Hegeler Zinc Site – Operable Unit 3 (PDF) (35 pp, 1.74 MB) July 2014
The comment period runs from July 9 - Aug. 8, 2014. There are several ways for you to share your comments with us:
- Use the online form below (This will e-mail your comments to Community Involvement Coordinator Firstname Lastname.)
- E-mail your comments directly to Teresa Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit written comments on paper. They must be postmarked by Wednesday, August 8, 2014. Send them to:
- Fax your comments to 312-692-2007
- You may also share your views by attending a public meeting and hearing. During the meeting, EPA will give a presentation to explain the proposed plan and you will have a chance to speak for the public record during the hearing phase. You may also submit your written comments during the meeting.
Superfund Community Involvement Coordinator
US EPA Region 5
77 W. Jackson Blvd. (SI-7J)
Chicago, IL 60604-3590
If you have any questions, please contact Teresa Jones at (800) 621-8431, Ext. 60725, or direct at (312) 886-0725.