- RCRA site information - Public Involvement and Participation for RCRA and PCB Programs
- RCRA - draft permits
- RCRA Federal Determinations - Cleanup sites with Federal Environmental Determinations for individual facilities - (EI Determination Documents)
- TSCA Approvals – Public Involvement and Participation for commercial PCB storage and disposal facilities.
EPA's RCRA program deals with:
EPA's TSCA program deals with polychlorinated biphenyl (PCB) wastes
- TSCA approvals – public involvement on commercial PCB storage and disposal facilities
The Region 5 Solid Waste program promotes waste prevention, reuse and recycling of non-hazardous solid waste. We also work closely with our partners, including State agencies, Indian Tribes, local governments, universities and citizen groups, to solve municipal solid waste generation and management problems.
- Construction and Demolition Debris and its relation to Brownfields redevelopment
- Disaster Debris Management
- Disposal (landfills)
- eCycling (electronics recycling)
- Funding - EPA provides grant funding to government agencies and non-profit organizations to promote waste reduction and the safe and effective solid waste management.
- Pollution Prevention
- Recycling resources in Region 5 states
- Scrap Tires
- Tribal Solid Waste and Pollution Prevention and Federal Resource Guide for Tribal Waste Management
- see also Waste Minimization
- State Program Authorization Under RCRA Subtitle C
- Contacts for RCRA Notification Forms
- Permit Activities and Public Participation
- Compliance Assistance
- RCRA Corrective Action - RCRA compels those responsible for releasing hazardous pollutants into the soil, water, or air to clean up those releases.
- RCRA Corrective Action Cleanup Sites
- EPA and state Corrective Action contacts
- Sites with Federal Environmental Determinations for Individual Facilities - (EI Determination Documents)
- Greener Cleanups -
- Guidance Documents
- Reports - Information for all sites (State & Federal) from the National RCRA Database (RCRAInfo)
- RCRA Data - RCRAInfo Reports: Comprehensive Permitting Report, Detailed Corrective Action Report, Single Line Handler Reports
- State contacts for notification of hazardous waste activity site ID forms - RCRA notification forms 8700-12, 8700-23
- Used Oil
- Waste Minimization - working to reduce the amount, toxicity, and persistence of wastes that are generated.
Underground Storage and Leaking Underground Tanks (UST/LUST)
- UST/LUST home
- Leaking Underground Storage Tanks - focus on corrective action measures
- Petroleum Brownfields
- Underground Storage Tanks - focus on preventive measures
- Bedford Recycling, Inc. (Bedford, IN)
- Wayne Disposal, Inc. (Belleville, MI) - EPA issued the Final Federal TSCA Approval Modification Sept. 27, 2013.
- Ridgeview Recycling & Disposal Facility Southern Expansion (Whitelaw, WI) - EPA accepted written comments from the public July 23 - Aug. 21, 2012.