EPA's Region 6 Office
Serving: Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, and 66 Tribal Nations
Superfund Redevelopment in Region 6
A Ready for Reuse (RfR) determination is a redevelopment tool that EPA has created to provide information that a site is “ready for reuse” and will remain protective for that use, so long as any use limitations established by EPA continue to be met. An RfR determination provides potential users of formerly contaminated sites with an environmental status report. The report documents a technical determination by EPA that all or a portion of a property at a site can support specified types of uses while remaining protective of human health and the environment.
Use of RfR determinations has proven to be valuable for dealing with issues of Superfund site stigma and helping to eliminate confusion over what future uses are appropriate at a site. In addition, developing an RfR determination presents an opportunity not only to reaffirm the institutional controls (ICs) selected in a site’s decision documents, but also has the potential to create an additional layer of IC protection. More information on the RfR Guidance...
For those interested in obtaining an RfR determination for a Superfund site in Region 6, contact Casey Luckett Snyder, Region 6 Superfund Reuse and Redevelopment Coordinator, at (214) 665-7393 or email@example.com.
Region 6 Ready for Reuse Sites
- Bandera Road Site - Leon Valley, TX (PDF) (2009) (16 pp, 781K, About PDF)
- More information on the reuse planning timeline at Bandera Road (PDF) (1 pg, 139K)
- Reuse Assessment for the Bandera Road Superfund Site (PDF) (67 slides, 7MB)
- Final Assessment Report for Bandera Road Superfund Site (PDF) (2 pgs, 4.7MB)
- Conroe Creosoting Company Site - Conroe, TX (PDF) (2009) (16 pgs, 781K)
- Big Tex Grain - San Antonio, TX
- Ready for Reuse Determination (PDF) (2012) (20 pgs, 3.27MB)
- Appendices to the Ready for Reuse Determination (PDF) (24 pgs, 4.68MB)
- Ready for Reuse Certificate (PDF) (1 pg, 214K)
- Longhorn Army Ammunition Plant - Karmack, TX (PDF) (2009) (2 pgs, 225K )
- Many Diversified Interests, Inc. - Houston, TX (PDF) (2010) (2 pgs, 297K )
- RSR Corporation Site - Dallas, TX
- Tex Tin Site - Texas City, TX
- OU2 (PDF) (2003) (13 pgs, 593K)