EPA Region 7 News and Events
EPA Region 7 Co-Hosts Oil Spill Response Training in Wichita, Kan.
EPA On-Scene Coordinators helped conduct the training Sept. 24-25 at the Wichita Fire Department Regional Training Center, attended by responders from federal, state and local agencies, industry and contractors. The free training covered problematic oils released into a braided stream or sensitive environment, and included hands-on demonstrations of booming techniques in the Arkansas River.
Meetings and Events
- Joint Annual Conference of Kansas Water Environment Association and Kansas Section of American Water Works Association, Sept. 1-3, 2015, Topeka, Kansas
- National Environmental Health Association Conference, Sept. 7-8, 2015, Waterloo, Iowa
- 18th Annual Conference of Missouri Recycling Association, Sept. 14-16, 2015, Blue Springs, Missouri
- Draft NPDES Permits for Five CAFOs in Indian Country of Thurston County, Nebraska; and Proposed Certifications of Compliance with Section 401 of CWA
- Clean Water Act Civil Penalty Orders
- Total Maximum Daily Loads (TMDLs)
- Public Comment Period for Proposed RCRA Settlement, Former Townsend Industries Facility, Pleasant Hill, Iowa (PDF) (1 pg., 97K, About PDF)