Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Historic Agreement to Improve Lake Tahoe Water Quality
At the 15th Annual Lake Tahoe Summit, EPA and the governors of California and Nevada signed a roadmap to return the lake to almost 100 feet of clarity.
Getting Ready for School: Protecting Students and Greening Classrooms
Tribal school children will have safer schools as the result of a recent settlement agreement between EPA and the Department of Interior. Under the agreement, 55 tribal schools in Arizona and 31 in New Mexico-Navajo territory will reduce potential environmental exposures to students.
EPA offers a number of resources to make sure student have a safe school year:
- Sunwise - Protect children from harmful UV radiation.
- Healthy School Environments - Address environmental health issues in schools.
- Children's Health Website - Protect children from environmental hazards.
- Green school supplies and school recycling programs
- OnCampus ecoAmbassadors
- Back to School Eco-Tips from EPA Pacific Southwest's Facebook
2011 EPA Summer Student Internship Program a Great Success
Thirty college students participated in an innovative summer program at EPA's Pacific Southwest office.
Mining Executive Added to EPA Fugitive List
Peter Martin Kuhn failed to surrender after indictment in illegal mining waste dumping case.
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest)A-Z Index|