Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
About Region 9's Quality Assurance Office
You will need Adobe Reader to view some of the files on this page. See EPA's PDF page to learn more about PDF, and for a link to the free Adobe Reader.
The Quality Assurance Office's primary mission is to effectively oversee and carry out the EPA Region 9 Quality System and project-level quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) activities. More specifically, the Office's responsibilities include:
- Providing training and information on data quality;
- Conducting Quality System oversight of EPA Regional programs, grantees (states, tribes and locals), contractors, other federal agencies, and the regulated community under EPA enforcement orders, to ensure that adequate quality systems are in place to support data collection and usage;
- Conducting Project Level QA/QC oversight;
- Providing QA and technical support to Regional Programs, States, Tribes, and local governments;
- Carrying out EPA environmental monitoring initiatives such as the National Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (NELAP);
- Assessing the impact of laboratory integrity cases on EPA regulatory decisions; and
- Administering Region 9's Alternative Testing Procedures (ATP) program by reviewing and approving ATP applications submitted by NPDES permitees.
- Region 9 Quality Management Plan (52 pp, 810K)
|Region 9 NewsroomRegion 9 Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media CenterCareers||About Region 9A-Z Index|