Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Mercury in the Pacific Southwest
• Spills and Emergencies •
- Mercury Home
- Basic Information
- Where You Live
- Spills, Cleanup & Disposal
- Fish Consumption Advisories
- Power Plant Emissions
- Human Health
Links & Resources
- Environmental Effects
- Consumer Products
- Data & Publications
- Grants & Funding
- International Actions
- Laws & Regulations
- Science & Technology
- En español
- Site Map
- Related Links
Mercury spills occur across the country, sometimes as a result of children finding mercury and handling it. Mercury contamination is a serious health risk. This video was produced specifically for children to strongly communicate that children should never touch mercury.
This site provides information and links concerning mercury in the Region 9 environment. There are three general mercury pages: Mercury and Health, Fluorescent Lighting, and Mercury in Industry. Each Region 9 state also has a page for quick access to state-specific mercury activities, state program links and contacts and other key information.
For basic information about mercury, its health effects, how to handle spills and to learn what EPA is doing nationally to reduce mercury emissions, select from the topics listed to the right or visit the National Mercury Home page.
Spills of mercury, no matter how small, should be reported to the emergency response agency in your state. Each state page provides this contact information.
Where You Live
Select your state for specific mercury-related information.
Mercury in Products and Equipment
- Mercury-Added Products Fact Sheets
- Interstate Mercury Education & Reduction Clearinghouse (IMERC) Mercury-Added Products Database
- Mercury-related Fact Sheets
- Mercury Deposition Network: a NADP Network
- US Geological Survey Mercury in the Environment
- 2005 Compendium of State Mercury Activities
- Fluorescent light bulb information, including clean up and recycling
- Mercury Topic Hub at NEWMOA.org
|Pacific Southwest NewsroomPacific Southwest Programs||Grants & FundingUS-Mexico Border||Media Center Careers||About EPA Region 9 (Pacific Southwest)A-Z Index|