Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Former Eagle Industries, Long Beach
- I-710 Corridor
Initiative - Home
- Café Camellia
- M-Star Gas
- Target Service
- Iglesia Cristiana
- Eagle Industries
- Currently occupied by an artist’s studio, engine repair shop, and auto storage.
- Historically occupied by a dry cleaner, fiberglass boat manufacturer, and an industrial tube cleaning service.
- Three (3) USTs, which contained gasoline and solvent products, were removed from the property in the mid 1980s.
- The results of site assessments in 1996 and 2000 indicated the presence of petroleum and solvent contamination, which has prevented the current owner from selling the property to a developer.
- EPA’s TBA Program conducted a field investigation to evaluate the extent of contamination that remains on the property and to determine an appropriate cleanup method.
The site is located within the City’s Westside Industrial Project Area and City staff recommended light, sustainable industrial reuse options for the site, which would provide jobs and/or services to benefit the local community.
|Region 9 NewsroomRegion 9 Programs||Grants & Funding US-Mexico Border||Media Center Careers||About Region 9A-Z Index|