Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
M-Star Gas Station, Compton
- I-710 Corridor
Initiative - Home
- Café Camellia
- M-Star Gas
- Target Service
- Iglesia Cristiana
- Eagle Industries
- Currently a vacant lot that is an eyesore and a target for local household dumping.
- Previously occupied by a gas station from as early as 1956 until at least 1992. Reportedly, the site burned down during the Los Angeles Riots, a period of civil unrest in 1992.
- Five (5) USTs, containing gasoline, diesel, and waste oil were removed from the site as part of a field investigation under EPA’s TBA Program, helping to move the property one step closer to a reuse option that will benefit to the local community.
- Located in the City’s redevelopment project area.
- Potential development plans being explored between the City and the property owner include building a small shopping center or health clinic.
|Region 9 NewsroomRegion 9 Programs||Grants & Funding US-Mexico Border||Media Center Careers||About Region 9A-Z Index|