Pacific Southwest, Region 9
Serving: Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Pacific Islands, Tribal Nations
Former Target Service Station, City of Los Angeles
- I-710 Corridor
Initiative - Home
- Café Camellia
- M-Star Gas
- Target Service
- Iglesia Cristiana
- Eagle Industries
- Currently occupied by a party supply store, variety store, office, car stereo store, and mobile home parking.
- Historically, a gas station occupied the site from as early as 1963 until the mid 1990s.
- Four (4) USTs, containing gasoline and diesel fuel, were removed from the site in 1996. A 1999 site assessment identified soil contamination from the former USTs, which has prevented the property owner from obtaining loans and permits needed to redevelop the property.
- EPA’s TBA Program conducted a field investigation to evaluate the extent of contamination that remains on-site and determine whether cleanup is needed.
- Following site investigation and cleanup activities, the owner of the property plans to redevelop the property into mixed-use retail.
|Region 9 NewsroomRegion 9 Programs||Grants & Funding US-Mexico Border||Media Center Careers||About Region 9A-Z Index|